View Point Health welcomes student interns. What is an Internship? View Point Health student internships provide opportunities for students to gain experience in their field, determine if they have an interest in a particular career, create a network of contacts, and receive academic credit.
We are excited to offer internships for Masters level students in the fields of Social Work and Counseling. Interns who are seeking placement in an outpatient program must have an undergraduate degree in counseling, social work, psychology or related degree in a helping profession.
We offer this program to students attending the following universities in Georgia:
- Clark Atlanta University
- Georgia State University
- Mercer University
- University of Georgia
At this time we cannot provide an internship to students attending an on-line educational institution.
Both Foundation and Concentration students will find that VPH staff are eager to provide a meaningful internship experience. However, please note that we have a limited number of slots available for internships.
Students must apply for an internship the semester before the internship begins. There are several training requirements that must be completed before an internship begins. Interns will arrange their classes around these trainings. Also, all students must submit to a background check provided by View Point Health.
Click on the links below to review the programs that provide internship opportunities:
- Outpatient Adult Mental Health
- Adult Mental Health Day Services
- Adult Mental Health Residential
- Outpatient Court Services
- GRAN Residential AD
- STRIVE Clubhouse Clubhouse is FULL – not accepting Interns for 2018 – 2019
Once you have selected a program, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current resume
- Cover letter
- Copy of your unofficial undergraduate college transcript that shows the degree you receive
- The month, day, year your internship begins, and the month, day, year your internship ends
- The subject line in the email must include the name of the program you are interested in as shown above
- Two references
Use one of the following references form
References Adobe Form
References Microsoft Word Form
To learn more about the services we provide in the programs above that provide internships, click on the “Services” link at the top of this page.
- Crisis Prevention & Intervention (CPI), 9 – 5, offered twice a month
- First Aid/CPR, 1 – 5, offered twice a month
- Release of Information & QPR (Suicide Prevention), 9 – 1, offered twice a month
- Clinical Documentation, on two consecutive days, 9 – 4, offered twice a month
- Trauma Informed Care, 9 – 1, offered once a month
- Assessing & Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR), 9 – 5, on a date to be determined
- Essential Learning On-line Courses – instructions will be provided
For more information contact
Debra Hopkins, HR Training Coordinator, email@example.com, 678-209-2361.