View Point Health welcomes student interns. What is an Internship? View Point Health student internships provide opportunities for students to gain experience in their field, determine if they have an interest in a particular career, create a network of contacts, and receive academic credit.
We are excited to offer internships for Masters level students in the fields of Social Work and Counseling. Interns who are seeking placement in an outpatient program must have an undergraduate degree in counseling, social work, psychology or related degree in a helping profession.
We offer this program to students attending the following universities in Georgia:
- Brenau University
- Clark Atlanta University
- Georgia State University
- Kennesaw University
- Mercer University
- University of Georgia
At this time we cannot provide an internship to students attending an on-line educational institution.
There are a limited number of slots available for internship. Students must apply for an internship the semester before the internship begins. There are several training requirements that must be completed before an internship begins. Interns will arrange their classes around these trainings. Also, all students must submit to a background check provided by View Point Health.
Click on the links below to review the programs that provide internship opportunities:
- Outpatient Adult
- Outpatient Adult & Child & Adolescent
- Outpatient Child & Adolescent
- Community Court Programs
Once you have selected a program, please email to email@example.com :
- Current resume
- Month, day, year for BEGIN & END of your internship
- Using subject line of email, include the name of the program you are interested in as shown above
To learn more about the services we provide in the programs above that provide internships, click on the “Services” link at the top of this page.
- Crisis Prevention & Intervention (CPI), 9 – 5, offered twice a month
- First Aid/CPR, 1 – 5, offered twice a month
- Release of Information & QPR (Suicide Prevention), 9 – 1, offered twice a month
- Clinical Documentation, on two consecutive days, 9 – 4, offered twice a month
- Trauma Informed Care, 9 – 1, offered once a month
- Essential Learning On-line Courses – instructions will be provided
For more information contact
Debra Hopkins, HR Training Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 678-209-2361.